Best Security Program

Discussion in 'Software' started by magiclcj, Nov 9, 2010.

1. magiclcj

magiclcj Private E-2

I am looking for opinions on the best security program to permanately erasing things that have been deleted (i.e. browsing history, cookies, stored documents that have been deleted). I do not want to wipe any drives clean, I just want to make sure that the files I have already deleted are truely deleted.

For example, I had to check my personal e-mail at work yesterday, and while I trust my employer and have nothing on my e-mail to hide, I deleted the browsing history but want to make sure it is overwritten and cannot be recovered. I want to do the same for other files as well

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

CCleaner latest version has a drive shredder in it. Best bet.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If your employer has full-time IT geeks, you might want to re-think installing this on a work PC.

Put yourself in your boss' place: If you discovered an employee installed a file shredding program on their workstation, why did they do it? What are they trying to hide?

I'm not suggesting you have (or will) do anything illegal or immoral. It's just that it may cause more rumors or unfounded accusations than it's worth.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds