screen doesn't display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by badbwoi, Dec 11, 2009.

1. badbwoi

badbwoi Private E-2

Everytime i turn my computer on the screen doesn't seem to display, also i'm not getting no BIOS beeps. Someone recommended me to reboot the bios?... they said i should run a crisis disk and hold down fn + esc and then power it on something, i've then all the checks memory cpu graphics card is fine as i tryed it in another working computer. Has anyone come across with the same problem before?

2. badbwoi

badbwoi Private E-2

can anyone helpp me please!

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It would be helpful if instead of simply saying my computer, you gave us information like desktop or notebook, brand and model, what version of windows you are running as well as service packs installed. When did the problem first occur? Did you do any updates or install new programs or hardware?
    Do you mean flash the BIOS?
    At this point, flashing the BIOS is the last thing you want to do. You first need to get the computer to boot up and if it doesn't, you need to solve that problem first.

Can you get into the BIOS? Possible keys to try: del, F1, F2, F3, F10, F11 depending on the make and model of computer.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I think badbwoi means reset the BIOS. Extrapolating from the mention of FN I assume this is a laptop.

Have a look under the panel(s) on the bottom of the computer for a button cell battery
    [​IMG]
    that you may be able to pop out, or a pair of pins labelled BIOS reset or clear CMOS. What ever version of reset you have, make sure the laptop is off, unplugged from the charger and take the battery out. If you have the battery, pop it out for 1 minute then replace it. If you have the pins, short them with a screwdriver for 10 seconds then remove the screwdriver. Then put the battery back and try booting.

It may be that the laptop does not have a method of resetting the BIOS like this. If it doesn't then post back and I will look for another method.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds