Wanna see my life-saving hurricane invention?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blockhead, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Blockhead

Blockhead Private E-2

After taking a direct hit from both hurricane Frances and Jeanne, I'd been without power/water and phone for a combined total of 15 days. Sucks!

Interesting things the mind comes up with during a hurricane and the days after without power. I was hungry, and the Stouffer's French Bread pizza was thawing and I wasn't about to throw it out. There had to be a way...

Hurricane cooker at the ready

Hurricane cooker fired up

Believe it or not, this worked well. I put the French bread pizza in a flat pan and set it over the candles' flames (made a little buffer with crinkled up tinfoil...to catch a little air and make sure the pan didn't burn), and in 45 min. voila! cooked to perfection...piping hot with cheese melted!

Next day I cooked a pot pie (face down at first) and it actually got nice and brown. It split open when I turned it, but hey, it sure was good.

It's amazing how hot two candles get. Next, I'm gonna try a 4-candle dinner for two! LOL

Maybe I should patent this thing!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds