Hello all new to Majorgeeks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by scottietwenty3, Aug 13, 2009.

1. scottietwenty3

scottietwenty3 Private E-2

Hi all (im a newbie to Majorgeeks)

Got to say they having a quick look around what a great resource. I did they CC cleaner and disk defrag as ouitlined in a maintenance sticky I came accross on here. My question is as after downloding the Smart Defrag by IObit
    from http://majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d5318.html it has an option called Called Care (speed up your PC) it takes you to this below if you click on it

Advanced SystemCare™ Free v3
    Trusted by 35 Million Users to Care for Their PCs

Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 35 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that’s incredibly easy to use.

Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free!

Im just wondering if you guy's recommend these PC tune up tools or my PC seems to be going pretty well for what it and I dont wont to do something that will be harmfull for it or create issues.

Cheers

Scottie

(ps thanks google for helping me find this great resource):cool

2. scottietwenty3

Also in relation to these PC tune up tools - Im not much of a techie so im out of my comfort zone but my mate advised me once who's into computing just don't use any registry cleaners, leave the registry alone, no need to mess with it.

3. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to the MG forums, scottie. :wave

I was given the same advice when I first came here and found it a very useful piece of advice. The reg shouldn't be touched unless you know exactly what you are doing.
    However, CCleaner has a reg cleaning tool which I have used many, many times with no adverse effects. It includes the option to back up your registry before you start.
    If you don't already have it downloaded, then go here:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG scottietwenty3 :wave I see you are on a roll! Glad to have ya! Yup, listen to JOTS, he has given you great advice.... stick around, and you will learn more!:major

5. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome to MG scottietwenty3 :wave
    I actually use *Advanced SystemCare* and really like it alot. Does a great job.
    I also use CCleaner but not as often because I notice that it does miss things [ extra dust bunnies and such :-D ]

Lots of advice on MG... enjoy your stay !

Shelagh :)

6. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Welcome to MGs!!;) I have to echo Joey's advice, and the others also, if you don't know what your doing in the registry leave well enough alone;) One wrong deletion in the registry can turn your computer into a big, expensive paperweight!! I have used CCleaner for a long time and have never had a problem with it. Well, enough preaching for now, enjoy your stay and I hope you make it a permanent one:celebrate

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. esuna

esuna Private E-2

I'm somewhat new here myself. Been really good so far, warm welcome and good advice. Welcome to MG.

And yes i too have used CCleaners reg cleaner and have never had a problem with it in the 3+ years I've used it, or the years of other people i know who use it.

9. scottietwenty3

Thanks for the warm welcome to MG's and the great feedback. I think I will stay away from this as I have heard the advise more than once dont touch the register unless you know what you are doing. When it comes to computer's I got a very very basic idea so I will stay clear.

Thankis for your advice.:):cool

10. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hiya scottietwenty3 Ccleaner the one to stick with ! OH ! By the way welcome to MG ! :wave

11. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :wave

12. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs :)

13. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

According to post #9, you have already learned something.:-D
    May you continue on the right path.;)
    Welcome to Major Geeks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds