Unable to load games on vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by -dmjco, May 7, 2011.

1. -dmjco

-dmjco Private E-2

Hey, i'm running on Windows vista home premium with the following problem:

i can't load any games like diablo 2, starcraft, or warcraft. i've tried running as admin, running in safemode (this just brings me issues about directx which i think is normal), and reinstalling. nothing works. each time i try to load it, tt briefly changes the cursor to the 'loading' cursor (this lasts about 2 seconds) and then goes back to my normal cursor. Nothing happens. No matter how many times i restart, etc, i can't get this to work.

can someone tell me what i can do to fix this, and/or what info they need in order to help me and how to retrieve it? i am semi computer-literate. i understand some basics but not everything. thank you!

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Make sure you have a page/swapfile set, I'd set it to 4092MB min and max.

Check the Event viewer > Applications logs for clues - log entries around the time that you start the games.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds