Program Load sequence file XP Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by rcrainman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. rcrainman

rcrainman Private E-2

Outside of start menu and boot.ini. Does anyone know where I can find the load sequence file. Looking for something like an Auto.exe file used by Dos to load various programs. Anyone???

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You mean autoexec.bat, perhaps? That should be in the root of C:

3. rcrainman

rcrainman Private E-2

Yea! Thats the kind of file I'm looking for but the autoexe.bat file itself doesn't exist in XP Pro..or at least a search of the system doesn't id that file. Any other suggestions?

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

WHAT?!?!? :eek: Are you looking for hidden files, too? Your system NEEDS this file to boot! It DOES exist in XP pro; I have it on my machine.

5. rcrainman

rcrainman Private E-2

Yes, the search includes hidden files. On my C drive I have several autoexec's a bat and a NT. I've tried to open both but MS indicates that bat file is not a vaild win32 file and the NT file has to have the original program that created it and it won't open. So, that's why I thought that there might be another file that feeds the program load sequence. ???

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

If you are 'opening' the file, you're actually trying to execute the code within it. You want to EDIT the file to see its contents. Try right clicking the BAT file and selecting EDIT. Before you make any changes, though, make a copy, so that if you make a mistake, you can replace the file with the original.

7. rcrainman

rcrainman Private E-2

Tried edit. but nothing in the autoexec.bat file. BTW the other autoexec.nt files don't have an edit mode. Any other thoughts??? Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds