program to speed up computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by disk00, Mar 14, 2010.

1. disk00

disk00 Private E-2

I know I'am just being lazy.

But, what is the best, FREE program, that can speed up a computer? like..fixing registry, defraggin the registry, deleting un-needed files, etc etc, you get the point.

I have a pretty decent computer, quad core, 4gigs ddr2 ram, decent graphics card too. With Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. But im lagging on small stuff, like Flash games, and videos, also some of my games lag that shouldnt be, like Borderlands.

( i know you guys probly have a lot of those programs on your downloads but, i wanna know what is the absolute best one, in your opinions )

ty for any help.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. disk00

disk00 Private E-2

ok here is what i have.

CCleaner ( I love this one )
    Defragler
    7tweak

Maybe i should run a scan with antivir, and run one with SUPERANTI and see if they find anything. Also, would a BSOD on every shutdown cause the comp to slow down?

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

More likely the cause of the slowdown is causing the BSOD.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What does the BSOD say?
    Did windows 7 come installed or is it an upgrade?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds