Help with World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Software' started by gaspra, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaspra

gaspra Private E-2

I have a Dell 2400 desktop and I tried running WoW on it. It didn't crash or anything, but it lagged even on the lowest graphical settings. So, I bought a Geforce 5200 FX because that was the only PCI card I could find. I don't have PCI E or anything else. After a while or in certain areas, even on the lowest settings, my PC crashes to the blue screen and at the bottom, it shows one of the nvidia drivers, a different one every time, as the result of the problem. I tried getting the latest drivers after this happened but it didn't work. Also, when it crashes, sometimes there will be an annoying, high-pitched sound continuously playing until I pull the plug, and the entire PC and game has frozen. The only thing I can do is unplug the power cable. It's either the first, blue screen crash or the frozen image, sound crash; neither of them happen when I try to use my PC's default video drivers.

I also uninstalled my previous video drivers before installing the card or its drivers. Can anyone help?

2. mPK

mPK Private First Class

sounds like a faulty graphics card to me. someone else to confirm?

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

It could be a number of things, maybe a bad PSU, or bad RAM, or poor contact of heatsink on the cpu.

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

You need to stop giving out info out of your ass, ALL FX series cards are DX 9.0 compliant. Higher nvidia series drivers dont benefit older cards but they dont cause them to crash either. He doesn't need to upgrade squat if he doesn't want to; 5200 works just fine as long as he can find the root to his problem.

:mad::mad::mad:

5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Just to prove that your still being ignorant.

What are the game's system requirements?

Minimum System Requirements
    Windows® System 2000/XP OS:
    • Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
    • 512 MB or more of RAM
    • 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above
    • DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
    • 6.0 GB available HD space
    • 4x CD-ROM drive
    • A 56k or better Internet connection
    GeForce 2 is only DX7/8 compliant, ie it doesn't use DX9 extensions, and his pc is a Dell 2400, even bare spec its more then minimally to play that game. Again, FX series cards were made for 1 single reason, to have dx9 extension compatability. Even then a 5200 is 3 generations ahead of GF2 class cards. Just because it cant run the game at 100fps under maximum resolutions with full bloom and details, doesnt mean its broken. DX was revised to "c" because of security measures and previous flaws. There are no fx5700 drivers and 6800 drivers, they are a unified architechture in which all hardware works under the same driver set ( for exclusion of some cards like the 7800GTX GO). gg, thx bye.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Don't make me separate you two :) I can't vouch for the FX5200, but the driver comment is utter hogwash.

Lets stay on track, or I'll have to tidy up the thread and remove both of you guy's posts.

Thanks.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I didn't ask for an explanation. I said stop. Agree to disagree, and move on.

:)

8. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

If you ever fall of your chair face first its gonna really hurt. :rolleyes:

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

keep it up and i'm going to ban you both.. grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds