Nod32 ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marlene3369, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Hi Guys,I have a question,I have had NOD32 for over a year now with no problems. When I did my last up-date yesterday and did a in-depth analysis scan I noticed that it took 22 mins. to complete before the same scan only took 8 mins. has NOD changed or add something to there program to make it scan longer. I have not added any new programs or changed anything in my PC,everything is the same. My system is running at its best,no problems here,just wondering why it's taking longer now.

Hugsssssssss,
    Marlene,

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

22 minutes for a full in depth scan isn't too bad.

MY last full AVG scan took 1 hours 17 minutes to scan 92780 files.

Were you doing anything else at the same time as the scan, perhaps you had significantly more files on your computer ?

3. Marlene3369

Like I said in my first post nothing has changed,two days ago it only took 8mins. and after the update it takes 22mins. No new files,no new programs,,,nothing it just takes longer now. And I know 22 mins is not bad,I'm just curious what happen.

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I don't use nod but it is entirly possible that they changed the scanning engine and it is now doing a more thorough scan or is scanning more things (like running processes, registry, and known locations etc) as well as the main scan.

5. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

yes Marlene3369 i have nod32 and the last scan was longer for me to i have version 2.51.26 i think they had a deeper scan registry and others stuff...

running nod32 for two years now and this av is great...

What version do you have ???

6. Marlene3369

Hi Clark,
    I also have NOD 2.51.26 version and I did find out why my scans were taking longer than before. I've been checking all my files and I found on that same day that all this started,,,for some reason 40,000 .tmp files from SpySweeper were created all of these files had 0 KB there was nothing in them at all. I done a check to see what and if I can delete them,could not find a thing about them. So I just deleted them,SpySweeper is running very good and I done a full scan with NOD32 and it only took 8 mins. like before not 22 mins. when this crap started. All is well over here,my Puter's back to normal again.

Thanks,
    Hugsssssss
    Marlene

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

heh I was closer to the mark than I realised!

8. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I am glad that every thing is back to normal for you maybe that was my problem two i install two new games recently maybe that was it !!!

9. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

10. Marlene3369

I always run CCleaner on a daily bases,for some reason CCleaner did not see the spysweeper .tmp's I could not even delete them the normal way. I had to go to safe mode and delete them there,seemed strange to me because there was nothing in those files 0 Kb's.
    Marlene,
    Hugsssssssss

PS: And all the correct boxes are ticked in CCleaner,I know a lot about Computers.

11. Marlene3369

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

12. Marlene3369

I almost forgot,thanks for you help Matt and Clark,,,
    Hugssssss to both of you.
    Marlene,

13. Marlene3369

I forgot the r,,,,your,,,,,,,,,,lol

14. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Heh.... you should be able to edit your own posts upto 10 minutes after you make them. ;) Saves me hundreds of typos!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds