How to copy documents and settings folder in windows xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by seanbee, Sep 10, 2008.

1. seanbee

seanbee Private E-2

Can someone please tell me how to copy the complete documents and settings folder in windows xp? It gives me an error that it is locked. Any answers? Thanks in advance.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

make sure the folder isn't opened. open my computer double click on c then right click on doc and sett then click copy. If the folder is opened already it may tell you function cannot be performed other that that it should copy. If this doesn't help just hold on a minute someone else will come through with another answer

3. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

Other than what buggabear said, is Windows saying you don't have permission to access the files or something to that nature.

Also, I don't think you can move the documents and settings folder in the installation of windows you are currently running, but you shouldn't have a problem copying as long as you have the permissions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds