CD's Skipping from Static - Anti-static Strategy??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scottportraits, Nov 1, 2008.

1. scottportraits

scottportraits Private First Class

Nov 1, 08

Hello again, forever young MG Whiz-Kids,

I have a portable CD MP3 player by my bed. It has an a/c adapter, plugged in all the time. I leave a morning and night 'subliminal' CD inside the machine, and play it twice a day.
    I usually have to eject the CD and rub it over my cotton pillow case and across my arm to try to get static off it. It skips from the static build-up, not from any scratches. Most days wiping it on cloth is enough, but on rainy days like today it seems impossible to keep it from doing that.

Recommend any cheap anti-static cleaning strategy??

I do clean the CD player lens with a dry cleaning disk pretty regularly.

While I'm on the subject, here's another Q : Does putting a paper sticker on the rough side of CD's keep them from scratching or skipping up ? Are they worth the money, time, and effort ?? Seems they get scratched from the top (printed) side easier than from the plastic rainbow side.....I heard the data is actually more near the underside of the printed side than outside the clear side. More vulnerable from above than below...T or F ???

Thanks folks, :wave nice to be back here again....

yours truly,

-scottportraits

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds