Network Management

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigdog1975, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bigdog1975

bigdog1975 Private E-2

I work for a school district and would like to manage every switch, router, VoIP, and access point. we have an acs server to manage login to the equipment, but i would like to know what i have out there at all times (ie. a discovery program). Its a 33 school district with offices spread out. Additionally, i would also like something that will protect us from outside or inside intruders.

Your Help is greatly appreciated!

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

As weel as: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml

However not every Switch and Router are manageable in order to mange Switches and Routers your devices had to be build for central management.

The manufacturers usually will supply you with the software to mange them.
    As for Firewalls for large complex installation like the one you "hinted" about, it depends on the topology of the Network the nature of the connections and more.
    It is too complicated issue to deal with on a Forum like this.

:cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds