password problem with router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Red SKull, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Red SKull

Red SKull Private E-2

I have a linksys wag200g router i was not home when the service people a year came by and set it up and my wife lost the password and username any suggestions.

2. srinireliance

srinireliance Private E-2

LINKSYS... MM. i think you need to log into your router via 192.168.0.1. password got to be "admin" can u tell me the internet service provider. please try this, if you still have problem post it along with your isp. thx

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Default username - admin
    Default password - admin

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, the question is, did the service person change the default username and password to something else? If they did, try pressing the reset button for 30 seconds. On some Linksys routers, that resets the router to factory defaults. Then, try the defaults. If you don't know the defaults, refer to your user's manual or visit their website at Technical Support.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds