workgroup and printer sharing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taz55, Jan 22, 2006.

1. taz55

taz55 Private First Class

ok so i have a computer a pc on a linksys router. wireless g. and a laptop. i set up a workgroup and enabled print sharing on my desktop and told it what printer to use. but the laptop wont connect to the work group or the printer, the pc sees the laptop though. any ideas as to why this might be.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

If you've got software firewalls on both PCs, could the networking configuration be defaulted to different values? Say one's on Home and one's on Office?
    Or do you have some access filter in the router that needs to have the laptop added to it?

3. Den

Den Private First Class

Don't know if this is the same problem as yours or not but I went through a problem a few days ago with my daughters computers. After setting up file sharing on both and print sharing over and over a several times it still wouldn't print or share from the laptop. I finally turned off zone alarm on the laptop then it would print from the laptop. Then I turned zone alarm back on and everything works fine.
    Den

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds