risc 6000

Discussion in 'Software' started by rmbler, Feb 18, 2004.

1. rmbler

rmbler Private First Class

hi all can anyone point me in the right direction i need to install nic and configure tcp/ip for an risc 6000 server not sure i never worked with smit / tcp/ip any help would be great

thanks in advance
    phil

2. ls1powered

ls1powered Private E-2

Hi.. It's been a while since I worked on a RS/6000 but here it goes..

Smitty -> Devices -> Communication -> TCP/IP -->

Select your NIC (en0,en1,en2,etc.. ) It may be listed as ent1, ent2, etc.. I can't remember.

Anyway, once you select the NIC you want to configure you're ready to roll..

There are two places where you have to configure the card.. one place is where you set the IP address, netmask, domain and the other place is where you set the card to 10/100mbits full duplex or Auto..

I'll look around some more and try and give a little more details.. I have a couple of hundred risc boxes at work that I can check out..

3. rmbler

rmbler Private First Class

thanks so much is1powered i could use all the info i can get thank you for getting back so fast

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds