help with BIOS flash

Discussion in 'Software' started by madscott, Feb 17, 2004.

1. madscott

madscott Private E-2

I am having trouble with a bios flash. I have a floppy disk I bought from esupport.com,
    The first time I tried to flash it, I got an insufficient memory error, I talked with the rep, and he told me to dowload a win 98 boot disk and strip everything out except' command.com, IO.sys, and MSDOS.SYS. I tried that, and the system just freezes up when I try to flash, I get the flash menu, and the choice menu, then it freezes. the techrep at esupport can offer nothing more. any takers?

2. madscott

madscott Private E-2

This was a really stupid post out of frustration, I never got results, but I also never damaged my original BIOS either. its like the .bin file was empty or not executing? I never fully posted the 18,342 ways I tried this either. sorry I wasted your time reading it.

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

4. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Consider yourself very fortunate, you could be stuck with a mobo that won't boot. Sounds like you got ahold of a bogus flash proggie or .bin file, as you guessed. Follow GT's advice for flashing your BIOS, and here's some more good info:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25901

5. wk990

wk990 Private E-2

bios --just went through what you did

I know what your going through cause I ordered a bios flash from esupport also and make a boot disk ( BUT ) you have to go to their web site recomended by them and get a mirror of the boot disk it has all the files you need , originally the zip boot disk didn't have all the files needed. and fourtanatly the flash bios makes a backup of your original so all is not lost--- I must say they have a good tech dept if you can sit on ther phone long enough for someone to answer usually they say is 10 min ( bull ) I waited 35 min and got frusterated and hung up, called the number I used to place the order and sort of gotten a little bent out of shape with the girl - she checked and said it was only 3 min. I called back and lo and behold got through in 5 ---end result I went back to my original bios and am happy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds