Text editing boxes in ASP or ASP.NET

Discussion in 'Software' started by budgy2, Jul 22, 2004.

1. budgy2

budgy2 Private E-2

I am looking for a code tool to manage HTML text editing, like the one in this forum, however It needs to be build for dummies (e.g. some of my customers.)

I currently use active edit, but is a little bit flakey. Any one know of any good products? Preferable server side.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well. if you want a WYSIWYG editor, and the people using the editor are sure to be using IE, then you could go for an editable Iframe. Simply make a javascript to copy the source code of this iframe to a hidden input field, so when you submit the form it sends the source code along with it. You can also make buttons to add bold text, italic text, align text, insert pictures (make sure you get the URL right... you may want to add a picture uploader). It's all client side, so the client can see the page as they edit it.

My web design company has its own WYSIWYG editor, but I can't really give you the full source code for it, as I'd have to charge you for it :p

I don't know of any pre-made products that use this, other than some CMS software.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do a search for RICH TEXT EDITOR on google.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds