STOP: c000007b {Bad Image} winsrv is either not designed to run on windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr3t, Sep 29, 2012.

1. mr3t

mr3t Private E-2

whenever i try to turn on computer ( HP Pavilion p7-1047c ) a blue screen comes up showing me this message "STOP: c000007b {Bad Image} winsrv is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." please help me

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mr3t...

Have you tried to boot your machine into Safe Mode? If so, what were the results?

I see from your Malware Forum FRST logs references to both McAfee and Norton programs - we'll probably have to address any possible conflicts between competing security software.

Also, do you have your Windows 7 installation disk and/or have you made system recovery disks?

3. mr3t

mr3t Private E-2

when I try to boot into safe mode a blue screen flashes and then it restarts, and the recovery is in the computer

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

That's how to recover but a huge word of caution, this will probably take the computer back to the state it was in when it was new. You will lose all your files.

If that doesn't work, go here and you may be able to order recovery disks, if you did not create your own.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5099044

5. mr3t

mr3t Private E-2

is there anything i can do that doesn't involve deleting all my files.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds