IE7 destroying me

Discussion in 'Software' started by dromano, Oct 31, 2006.

1. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Get this i go to one of my web sites and click on instant credit. IE7 sends me to a page saying:
    There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
    Click here to close this webpage.
    Continue to this website (not recommended).
    More information
    If you go to the site anyway the browser bar lights up RED saying ERROR IN CERTIFICATE

I called the support # at microsoft and worked with the tech who views the certificate and agrees that it is valid and should be no problem!
    After about an hour on the phone complaining that NO ONE would put in personal inf much less a credit card # the tyechs answer was for me to go to TOOLS_ OPTIONS_ ADVANCED_and decheck warn if security certificate mismatch. UNTILL THEY COME OUT WITH AN UPDATE FOR A PROBLEM WITH IE7

Everyone check your e-com sites in IE7!! Please lert me know if anyone else is having the same problem.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I don't think it's a problem with IE7.. it's probably a cert that was issued to https://www.somedomain.com and you ended up on a sub domain like https://store.somedomain.com which is not the same domain that the cert was issued to. In which case, it's not IE7, it's the site owners problem ;)

3. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Thanks Kodo i will look into this right now
    Dan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds