Vista & Internet Explorer Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Defense, May 6, 2007.

1. Defense

Defense Private E-2

I am running Vista home basic and Internet Explorer. It runs fine my only complaint is when I use the back button in IE the pages go back 3 sometimes 4 pages with a single click. So I end up having to go forward afterwards. Its getting really annoying. Is there any way that this can be resolved?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not come across this one before and there are no options in IE for controling the click rate of those buttons, so only thing off hand I can suggest is to check your Mouse settings ( Control Panel > Hardware Sound > Mouse ) for click rate, I know your not doing a doubleclick on those buttons but if your click rate it too high it may seem as if you are.

3. Defense

Defense Private E-2

Halo:

Thanks for the response. I put the click rate to the slowest setting. Unfortunately, IE still jumps back 3 or 4 pages when using the back button. Is there any other options?

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

The Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse had issues like that at one time.

The solution was to reinstall the IntelliPoint software and make sure you choose the correct mouse.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds