mouse clicking noise

Discussion in 'Software' started by rmbler, Nov 10, 2007.

1. rmbler

rmbler Private First Class

hi all hope you can help me with this one my boss just called he downloaded a program from M.J and since this he is hearing a clicking noise that he explained sounds like his mouse clicking it's a logitech mouse the program is weather watcher has anyone experienced this if so can you tell me what would cause this type of problem thanks for all your help...........Phil

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Sometimes when I go to Windows Update, I hear all kinds of clicking sounds like if I was clicking the mouse, but I'm not actually even touching the mouse. I think it has to do with web pages being loaded or accessed, even if you can't see 'em. Weather Watcher is probably accessing the 'net and thus producing the clicking sounds. You should be able to turn the clicks off by going to the Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices; click on the Sounds tab and look thru the Events list until you see Start Navigation. Click on it once to highlight it. Then click the downward pointing arrow and select None as the new sound to play, click Apply and that should get rid of it. You can also create a custom sound scheme and save it if that's easier. Then you can swap scheme for particular situations....

3. rmbler

rmbler Private First Class

Thanks DB I will give that a try I appreciate you replying to my question
    Phil

4. myasin

myasin Private E-2

Hi! Can this clicking be related to some sort of virus? It is constant on my computer, and I think my computer is infected. I don't have that watcher program either. I just got rid of security toolbar 7.1 but now I get the mouse clicking sound when i am not touching the mouse. Could it be taking me to websites that i dangerous, and I can't see? Or is it some virus browsing through my files? In this case, just turning off the sound may not be a good idea. Please help me!

5. D_A

D_A Private E-2

I am having this similar problem as the one mentioned above. I've been searching google and everything to try to find the cause of it to no avail.

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Please start a new thread with your issue rather than bring up a very old thread. We also prefer each member starts a new thread anyway as it leads to confusion if there are too many new issues being added to an original poster's thread.

Thanks, and welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds