vista won't load explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by J3D, Dec 13, 2007.

1. J3D

J3D Private E-2

Just recently i log into my user account, and instead of loading explorer.exe a window pops up of my documents and i have to alt+ctrl+del task manager and file, new task (run) explorer.exe to get it to load. How can i fix this so it auto loads explorer.exe on login??

HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop
    Intel Core 2 CPU - T5600 @ 1.83GHz
    RAM - 1534mb

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Do you know this is a valid fix for Vista too? I think not. Please refrain from posting advice that is likely to cause the OP more issues than resolve them unless you can, from personal experience, state this actually worked for you.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

agree

Userinit does not exist in vista in the registry that MS has there.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Unfortunately, this key won't work for you, but you could, or perhaps someone else could go from here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

The wow6432 part may be different if ye are using x32 bit of windows.

Does the key shell have explorer.exe as the entry?

6. J3D

J3D Private E-2

This is what the shell key has

Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Config\lsass.exe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds