Where is my audio device?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angry_turtle, Mar 26, 2006.

1. angry_turtle

angry_turtle Private E-2

After reinstalling my XP after it crashed, I now no longer have any audio device (apparently) and cannot play any music, or anything. Any idea where it may have gone and how to get it back? :confused:

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

look in the device manager for other devices. sounds like you'll need to reinstall the driver for the graphics card.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

psst...i think he means sound card.....

4. acejones

yeah...thats what i meant... oops!!

my above statement should say "look in the device manager for multimedia audio device under other devices. sounds like you'll need to reinstall the driver for the sound card."

5. angry_turtle

angry_turtle Private E-2

Hey thanx :) it was not installed...one more question though...where can I find the driver to install? It can't seem to locate it!

6. acejones

what kind of sound card is it? if its integrated, you'll a) need the cd from your motherboard, or b) need to download it from the motherboard manufacturer. if its a dell, gateway, hp, <insert big name brand computer name here>, then you'll need to either get it off one of the cd's that came with the computer, or you'll need to download it from their website.

7. angry_turtle

angry_turtle Private E-2

it didn't say what kind of card it was, it just said unknown, and now i appear to have accidentally fully unistalled it and cannot find it at all :(

8. acejones

reboot and it'll be redected.

is your computer self built or is it a name brand?

9. angry_turtle

angry_turtle Private E-2

it is a brand name, i found the device, but it still wont tell me what it is. My computer is a fujitsu siemens v2000 laptop

10. Komodo25

Komodo25 Private First Class

11. acejones

12. angry_turtle

angry_turtle Private E-2

:D Thank you, you last two posters - I have now got sound, and am listening joyfully to meatloaf!!! Haha, you are gods among men, and I shall always be grateful

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds