Svchost.exe errors and Generic Host process....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sextant, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

Hi Guys,

I am getting a generic host processes error for win 32 has encountered a problem and must close....

Also Svchost.exe has encountered a problem......

Sometimes it shows svchost.exe.mdmp

I have tried several anti-virus and spyware, even posted my hijack this log to no avail. I'm losing my mind. Please Help me......

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
    First, run all the steps outlined in this thread. It may be that there are attacks that even your AV/spyware apps didn't detect.

Then, if your problem remains and you're running XP, we can perform a repair installation. Post back when you've followed the steps in the thread.

3. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

thanks for the reply

I tried all that yesterday, but i am double checking today, I forgot to enable the show hidden files section.

i get this named file as an error as well svchost.exe.mdmp and with it appcompat.txt

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Well, if you still don't find any problems, insert the XP CD in the cd drive. It will come up with a window, and you can choose to install XP...follow the prompts, specifying that you wish to do a repair install. This will reinstall the OS, and leave your files intact.

5. Sextant

Sextant Private E-2

ran all the applications you mentioned to no avail. I am running a checkdisk now, Is a windows repair reccomended as i heard you should not install windows over top of windows

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds