www.007guard.com

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FED UP, Jan 5, 2011.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Ok after much searching, I have yet to find an actual definition of 007guard.com . I have found lots of vague information via google and on this site as well, yet nobody seems to know what it is, and why it appears on so many peoples netstats. So, I will ask.
    What is 007guard.com, exactly, and why is it so commonly found on people's netstats ?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's usually a bug with Spybot's immunise feature that requires a little modding to your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file to fix. Make sure that

127.0.0.1 localhost

is on the line above 007guard.com.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=164241

Download HostsXpert and then follow the below steps.

• Unzip HostsXpert.zip
    • It will create a folder named HostsXpert in whatever folder you extract it to.
    • Run HostsXpert.exe by double clicking on it.
    • Click the Make Writeable? button. (if you only see a Make Read-Only selection, it is already writeable so skip this button).
    • Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts File and then click OK.
    • Click the X to exit the program

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Well that fixed it, Tim. So it's a Spybot thing. Gotcha. I've known about it being present, but also know that as long as it points to 127.0.0.1 its not a problem, it's only been a minor annoyance that became more obvious today after downloading "process hacker" and the annoyance was brought again to mind. Now I feel Better. :)
    Thanks .

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

No problem. Good to know it is handled! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds