My B-Day present Wishlist!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ExOxE, Sep 1, 2004.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Well, not long now, just over a month, to be honest, this year I am not really fussed about recieving presents, I think I am getting used to getting 'nothing' any other year, hehe..

I guess I just want stuff to spice up my PC.. like....

• Windows XP Sound Scheme - Funny voices and sounds, like a comical character voice saying 'What, too much to handle for you?' for windows shutdown, a character voice pis'sin himself/herself laughing for an error message promt. Other comical voices for stuff, I have never ever found a XP sound scheme with voices, they've all been cracky sound 'effects'.... I wouldn't mind a second sound scheme as optional with a sexy womans voice, that talks pleasant to me, for say Bootup "Hello David, ready to play with me today?"... For shutdown.. "But I haven't come yet".. ahem... gawd I have a grotty mind, believe it or not I do have a girlfriend, she even lives next door now (Moved in recently) and I still pay more attention to majorgeeks.com forum and my PC than her... (And I am SO SO damn sorry if you read this, Tim made me write it, HONEST! :p )
    • Windows XP GUI Skin - Something decent, attractive, unique, robust, and very detailed, I have yet to find one, something techy... Black or Blue or any other color, as long as the design perspectives in place, I notice some themes in StyleXP default even have a few bugs in them.
    • Windows XP Icon Package - A package that re-writes the XP default with ones that have class, clean appearance, and overall just plain attractive, and to suit the GUI Skin too I might add!
    On the 16ths, in 15 days, I am getting a $500 (Aud) advance loan and I am going to hopefully buy myself a 80GB $145 Cheapest locally, A stick of Corsairs PC-3200 512MB DDR Memory $185 and a MS Black Keyboard and Optical Mouse combo pack for $85.. I was planning to put the $500 aside and purchase a X800 or GF6800 once I get the correct amount, but I need a spare HDD first, definately a new keyboard and mouse, and the current memory in my machine is PC-2700 Apacer which is bottlenecking my processor (P4 2.8).. so it's mid next year until I can replace this trusty old Radeon 9200SE :(

My old games run fine, but new games run like absolute crap!

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Try this, or one of the others. http://themes.belchfire.net/index.php?download=3547 . Use this to patch your uxtheme.dll to allow non-MS themes-it works on SP2 also. There's no spyware like with ThemeXP either.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

4. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Hi Just Playin,

I did what you said, got it installed now, its actually a nice theme, types like this I like :)

Any chance you know of some 'decent' sites with 'decent' sound schemes?

5. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

For sounds I just collect ones that I like, and either just pick the sounds from my own folder, or put them in the default Windows Sounds folder. You don't really need a "theme" to do custom sounds. Currently using several short .mp3 Homer Simpson clips. DOH! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds