Which graphics card do you reccomend?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yzaraf, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Yzaraf

Yzaraf Private E-2

Which do you reccomend?

RADEON X800 XT Platinum

or

GEFORCE 6800 Ultra?

And Why.
    :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

99% dependent on what your experience with ATi or Nvidia has been

I would choose the nVidia, since I have always preffered their cards (yes i have used both).

I also have a 6800GT clocked at Ultra levels (400/1100) right now working just fine.

the downside to nVidia is that its a power hog, and you need a nice power supply to run it well.

the downside to ATi (arguably) is the driver support--which is slowly getting better, and thankfully leaps and bounds ahead of where it was previously.

performance wise, benchmarks show both cards being just about the same, with Nvidia ahead some very minor FPS in all resolutions until 1600x1200, where the ATi card pulls ahead.

both cards are great, but Nvidia gets my vote.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

from the benchmarks ive seen ATI generally outperforms nVidia by a few FPS while nVidia takes the cake with picture quality ... but either of those cards will serve you well for more than a year at least ... of course they'll prolly come out with some game in a year or so that will make me eat my words ,,, lol

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Hahaha pyrate you cracked me up, games come with the over-priced highend video cards not the other way around....

I say buy both cards, whichever one you don't like send it to me, here is my e-mail addr.....lol, j/k.. ;)

I used both as well and prefer NVIDIA, better drivers, more compatible, less issues but then again views will differ....your call, it is your $$$

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds