Laptop wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mastermosley, Nov 16, 2008.

1. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

hey i got a satellight a70 and when I push the button on my laptop I hear the fans turn on and stuff but then shuts off in like 3 seconds but the power light still shows on. I took the laptop apart and it shows a yellow LED on D42 dont no if that means something or not. The screen jus previously went in it so I was using a monitor attached to it.

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

you might google your "satellight a70 yellow d42" and see what you get.

It sounds like your laptop is not POSTing. Try taking your RAM out and putting it back in. This will ensure a secure connection between the RAM and motherboard. After that, try removing all removable parts from the laptop (cd-rom, wireless modem, dial-up modem, hard drive, battery, etc) except for the RAM, as it is necessary for POST. Also, do not remove the processor or power cable. At this point, if the computer does not boot after only having the RAM, Processor and power cable attached, try replacing the RAM with known good RAM. Other than that, sound like you have a processor or motherboard issue.

3. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

Okay, how am I supposed to remove the RAM though, its built in non-removable.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Replcing the RAM
    Pictures on dismantling your Satellite a70 to clean the CPU heat sink http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaA75/satA75_1.htm
    because it is susceptible to overheating.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds