BSOD STOP error, cannot boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by slasher070, Feb 5, 2011.

1. slasher070

slasher070 Private E-2

Hey guys,
    Please help. I have the BSOD with the below Stop error. My problem is that I don't have the Windows XP installation disc as Dell laptop came with preloaded. This is the Microsoft XP Home Edition. I'm using my friends laptop at the moment which is highly distressing! It's a bit like fondling with another man's wife!

Unmountable_boot_volume
    Error message: STOP:0x000000ED (0x87750E30, 0xC0000006, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)

I know that my laptop is about to run out of space I was just waiting for Jan payday to buy an external hard drive but then this happened.
    Does anyone have a copy of the installation? Or do I just need the Recovery Console?
    Problem is that the files downloadable on the net is zipped and I haven't got a clue if this laptop that I'm using right now has winzip.
    I'm panicking now that I'm going to loose everything on my laptop. I don't really know what to do from here.
    I've tried the safe mode, haven't tried the BIOS as I forgotten what I need to do there - I think I need to stop the caching?
    Please help. Thank you in advance ....... where would the world be without the majorgeek squad??
    xxxx

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

You can try following the instructions in this thread using this version of Recovery Console that is not zipped.

You will have to burn the rc.iso file to CD as an image file using imgburn or similar writing software. [You would ust the "Write image file to disc" option in imgburn, or a similar option in other software]

3. slasher070

slasher070 Private E-2

Thank you Thank you Thank you ........

Laptop now back on line ......

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

xxslasherxx

4. slasher070

slasher070 Private E-2

Thank you so much for your help ...... you're a...mazing!
    I'll say it again, where would we be without the majorgeeks in this world!
    xxslasherxx

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are very welcome!

I'm glad it was a relatively easy fix.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds