XP Program Permissions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Misslemike, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

HI Geeks, I am running Windows XP with 5 user accounts. Please tell me what is the best way to only allow certain programs to run for me and not the others. Example--I do not want my kids to run a registry cleaner program, and I do not want it available in the Programs menu. Just for myself. Any suggestions? Thanks again. I get some great advice and help here. And I thank you all for the learning experience

2. howie

howie Private E-2

Delete any programs from the other accounts program menu
    start / all programs , highlight and right click any programs you don't want accessed by that account and delete, this will only delete the shortcut and not uninstall the program, or affect other users unless it is administrator account.
    this will not make the programs inaccesible, just harder to get to

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds