Unable to play games when connected to my tv

Discussion in 'Software' started by Iansmith, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Iansmith

Iansmith Private E-2

Ok i just completed my custom build and everything works fine. i hook up my computer to my tv and when i go to load any videogame i get a message that says unable to initilize directx or direct 3d, something to that effect. Im assuming this has something to do with the computer being connected to my tv, considering it works on my cpu monitor. i dont even know where to begin to trouble shoot. Im running windows 7 connected to tv directly with a dvi cable. Like i said i was able to play on my monitor before so i know my drivers are correct. i reinstalled direct x again just incase. Anyone have any ideas?

2. suliman69

suliman69 Private E-2

Hi, I think I had about the same trouble a couple of years ago...

It might be such an easy issue that your TV does not support the Hertz you're running your monitor.. Read up on your tv model and check if it really is capable of running something like 75hz - 85hz, or maybe even 100hz, and try decrease the hertz manually in the gfx - driver (or just in the standard resolution options)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds