Quick question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spock96, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hey Guys,
    Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread(could possibly fit under drivers). But anyway, I'm still having that sound issue http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=235668
    I have tried those solutions to no avail. I was talking with a friend of a friend who does stuff like this and he said that I should try to install a copy of XP that has been slipstreamed to SP3. I do have a copy of XP PRO that has been slipstreamed SP3.( He was saying that something might have been weird during the upgrade to SP3 causing my Realtek audio driver to not install correctly)
    Any comments, This I should change in this process, rude remarks:)
    (ps, I am at the end of my rope with this)
    Thanks,
    Spock96

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    According to your everest report in a previous report you have an

Intel Brookdale-G i845G
    AC'97 Audio Controller:
    Audio Controller Type Intel ICH4
    Codec Name Analog Devices AD1981A
    Codec ID 41445372h
    S/PDIF Output Not Supported

Try this Driver.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...825&lang=eng&OSVersion= &DownloadType=Drivers

Installs the audio driver for Intel Desktop Boards with AC'97 ADI AD1885, AD1980, AD1981A or AD1981B codecs.

I think you were trying to install a Realtek driver on a ADI chip.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  3. Spock96

I just tried that and it states:
    Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again.
    Now what shall I do?

4. tgell

Are you saying you cannot get into your system? Or asking if you should reboot? In device manager can you get the device and hardware id where the exclamation mark is?

[​IMG]

5. Spock96

Ok, Could you explain that a little bit better. That just confused me

6. tgell

Did you reboot your computer? Is everything okay except for the audio problem? I was worried that the driver I posted somehow screwed up your system.

7. Spock96

Everything else is perfectly fine. I think that I will try what my friend's friend suggested and install windows XP PRO slipstream SP3 in the next day or so( or whenever I get sometime)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds