Audio Streaming (Cache)

Discussion in 'Software' started by wilddean, Jun 21, 2012.

1. wilddean

wilddean Private E-2

Hey Guys heres the problem,

A friend of mine runs a small home based radio station, The other day he had a very important Guest on there.

Unfortunatly the Tech guy in charge didnt hit Record on Audacity, Since this he has now fallen out with the Tech guy, and left himself in a state where he is unable to retrieve the Show/Podcast

on average he has about 300 live listeners a week, and about 600 podcast downloads.

What i want to know, is, is there any way of retrieving the audio files that have been streamed from the internet and creating an MP3 from them. Have looked through Chromes cache (what i used to listen) and can retreive many other types of files, however am unable to see any audio files or streaming files. I am certain that these must have been cached somewhere in order to buffer the Audio, However am currently unable to locate them

I have access to a few other users PC's who have also listend to the show live, Not sure what browsers they were using but can investigate

Would really appreciate a Geeky answer on this which points to the posibilities of YES it is possible. I am up for a challenge and love Investigating and learning new things, so if someone wouldnt mind explaining would be much appreciated

Billy

@billydeankent

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds