Wireless connection drops when I lock PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by danjam89, Jan 2, 2008.

1. danjam89

danjam89 Private E-2

Hey all,
    I got a new laptop with Vista but when I lock my system (either though windows + L or automatically through the screensaver) and log back in again the wireless connection cuts out and after a few seconds automatically re-connects

The connection is up and running when I have locked the PC and only drops out a few seconds after I have logged back i again and I can't understand why

does anyone have any ideas about how to stop this happening?

Thanks
    danjam89

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

This is typical ...whether locked or in standby ....power save mode ..though you could try changing the connection under properties to not have the system decide when to turn it off ..

3. danjam89

danjam89 Private E-2

Oh OK thanks, any idea how I can change these settings?

In power settings, the wireless adapter settings are set to maximum performance

When I click properties on the wireless connection and click configure on the advanced tab Ad Hoc Power management is disabled and transmit power is max. On power management I unticked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" a while ago and this has still not made any difference

(The wireless mode is set to 802.11b/g)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds