Need help with Canon PIXMA MP230 please !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elmoftari, Jan 5, 2013.

1. elmoftari

elmoftari Private E-2

Guys i just bought All in one Canon PIXMA MP230 ! And i installed it as the manual guide says ! but after installing it , i cant use the scanner !! the printer and the copier are working fine ! But when i press scan document or use the IJ Scan Utility to try to scan a document i get this error .
    I have uploaded the error in a picture so you can see it guys and help me !
    Thank you so much.

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

3. elmoftari

elmoftari Private E-2

yes i installed it from the site more than once ! and still nothing :/

4. LauraR

First, what operating system are you using? (ie XP, Vista, Win 7)

To start, a couple of things to try:
    Unplug your wireless router, wait about 15 seconds, replug. If you haven't already tried that, that is. Simple, but I've got to reset mine once in a while for my printer (Canon as well).

Another thing....Go into your MP Navigator (should be in your start screen, but if it isn't, do a search for it and open it). Look for the preferences button and press it. Under the General tab, you'll see a drop down box for Product name. What is selected? Make sure it's the one that has (Network and then a number) after it.

5. LauraR

One more thing to check: In the bottom right of your taskbar, you should see the scan utility button. Click it. In the box, you should see your scanner listed and there should be a checkmark in the box.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. elmoftari

elmoftari Private E-2

Thanks for replying ! but first of all my printer is plugged to my computer with a usb cable not a wireless connection and im using windows 7 x64
    and i cant find the MP Navigator at all ! im searching all over my computer and still no luck :/ , plus i can only find IJ Scan utility in the Canon utilities folder only .. !

7. LauraR

It looks like your printer does not come with MP Navigator.

When you click on the IJ Scan Utility, does it open for you or do you just get that error code. If it opens, what's in the drop down box for the Product name?

Have you tried using a different usb cord?

I would suggest trying to uninstall the driver again, then just plug the printer in and let windows find the driver. Allow it to find it online. See if that helps.

8. nkumarko

nkumarko Private E-2

hi ... did you get USB cable too along wth MP230 printer or we need to buy it seperately.

i couldnot found it in the box only power cable was there.please advise.

9. LauraR

No. A usb cord does not come with this printer as per the specs on Canon's website.

10. msgeekygirl

msgeekygirl Private E-2

Hi. I had the same problem. Try this: Disable your USB 2.0 controller.

Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, search for Universal Serial Bus Controllers, USB2 Enhanced Host Controller, right click over it and disable.

It may slow down other peripherals, but with luck, your scanner should work now. If you want to speed up again, enable. Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds