sending blank email

Discussion in 'Software' started by lesliefromorlando, Mar 12, 2009.

1. lesliefromorlando

lesliefromorlando Private E-2

Hi. My problem is that I can receive email but when I send it my friends get a blank screen. How do I fix this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and what Email software are you using, eg. Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird etc?

and if the likes of Outlook as in the Microsoft Office version, then are you on a corporate network thats using Exchange Server, if on corporate network check with your IT support dept.

If you goto the sent folder and open up a sent email that the recipient recieved blank, does it have text in it?

What antivirus application do you have installed and does it have an email scanner option, if so disable it to test.

3. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

Many mail programs have the ability to send in a format of Rich Text, HTML, or Plain Text. You may want to try sending a test email as plain text only (if you have not already done so) to see if that has an impact on the recipient's inability to see the email.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds