Audio stuttering, Video freezing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jimmeh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Private E-2

Hi, I'm having problems with my desktop. Every now and then, the audio will still stutter and the graphics will freeze for roughly a second. This only happens when I am using my wireless card or even my wireless USB adapter. If the drivers for the wireless card or USB adapter is disabled, the problem goes away. I have no problems when using an ethernet card, however I'd like to use wireless if possible.
    My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68-V and I'm running Windows 7 64bit SP1.
    I don't know when this problem started. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing drivers for the network card and the motherboard but the problem still occurs. I have ran LatencyMon and xPerf, when the audio stutters, they both say that ndis.sys has a max execution time of just over 1 second every single time. When using wireless networking, the interrupt to process latency jumps up to 3ms very frequently but when they are not used, it will stay under 0.1ms.
    I have no idea what to try next...
    Thanks.

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Private E-2

Forgot to mention that the stuttering mainly occurs when gaming, and sometimes while on YouTube.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly when using wifi, and if your wifi connection is on the slower side you may get issues like this, so what is the wifi connection speed you have?

Is it a home wifi or a multiple user one, like a university, corporate or free open option?

What you could try is to disable all background tasks and use msconfig and the startup tab to disable all listed applications and reboot and test, sadly this will stop any security applications so you need to be aware of this, as this is just a test to see if the speeds are of if all items are disabled.

If the speeds are ok and not freezing, then one of these applications is likely to be the cause, so enable one at a time to check when the freezing starts, then the last enabled one is likely your culprit.

4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Private E-2

I'm using an ADSL home wifi.
    I tried disabling all startup applications and all non-Microsoft services but it still freezes like before.
    Also, I recently started to get BSoD that normally happens a few minutes after start up. Here's one of the dump files View attachment 061413-7644-01.zip
    Thanks for helping.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds