Creating a modified Windows Xp disc?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shattered.likeness, Feb 14, 2007.

1. shattered.likeness

shattered.likeness Private E-2

I have found guides on how to make an unattended setup of windows xp, how to add additional drivers, silently install programs, etc.

What I would like to know is how to actually get into and modify the files when it is installing. What I mean to say is mod the screen that tells you how much time is remaining during the install. I want to change the background image, text, etc. to "liven up" the waiting period while it is installing.

Disclaimer: I am wanting to do this for personal reasons, not for distribution purposes. I have found the best way to learn to do things is to dive right in and do them, but as I am not a system builder, I am needing help in this.

thanks to any help here,
    Shattered.Likeness

I hope that this does not violate any of the rules of the forums here.

2. shattered.likeness

shattered.likeness Private E-2

nevermind, all I had to do was modify the WINNTBBU.DLL in the I386 folder.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds