Thank you so much!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lisaberry76, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Lisaberry76

Lisaberry76 Private E-2

I just wanted to post my thanks for operating such a great site. My son visited some gaming sites, and inadvertenly added some spyware that was driving me crazy (Malwipe & Pest). I followed your directions for cleaning the computer, and was able to totally clean it without posting. The directions are clear and concise, and I have learned much.

I did have a few problems, I couldn't run the Windows Malicious Software removal in safe mode - I couldn't find the program. The other problem was a "protection" bar that was left after the cleaning (It was protected, lol). But, when I went back to following your directions again, I found that I could delete it in safe mode.

My computer is now totally free, and I hope to keep it that way. I do have Norton that I pay to keep updated and run weekly scans. I have a firewall also. Somehow the spyware had managed to turn off my firewall, while letting my computer believe it was on. And, I ran Ad-aware and Spybot religiously. I now know to run it in safe mode.

I have since lectured my son on clicking on any pop ups that manage to make it through the blocker. :mad:

Thanks again. I am going to download some anti-spyware protection software that you recommend.

Lisa (Mom of 13 year old boy that right now believes he knows everything :rolleyes: )

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forums and wow, superb news you have resolved the PC issues yourself, damm satisfying isn't it :)

You may whis to give this thread and guide a read How to Protect yourself from malware!

Just remember to only have 1 antivirus 1 firewall and 1 live scanning Antispyware application installed at once.

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hi Lisa and welcome to MGs :)

I hear you on the 13 yr old knowing everything...hehe...hang in there.......it doesn't change as they get older ;)

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds