Hello, not sure where to post this question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by gizmotoz, Mar 30, 2007.

1. gizmotoz

gizmotoz Private E-2

I was not sure where to post this so if this is the wrong place, sorry. i am setting up a new system. had some problems with some things so i uninstalled and it was suggested i run a registry clean up(?). i am unfamiliar with this program. i am planning on running a defrag and saw several recommended by major geek. i do not want to junk up the h.d. on this machine so i am trying to stay on top of it from the beginning.
    thanks
    gizmo

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. landlprevo

landlprevo Private E-2

I never, my first question not sure if I will even get a come back, but here goes. Something is eating up my memory.
    My System is: Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, and Service Pack 2.
    My tray pop keeps telling me I need to free up memory, but if I do, or when I do the free space go downs not up.
    I went from 322mb free to 129 just because I uninstall 2 programs. I think some is very wrong.
    Does anyone have any answers?
    I can't use any system tools, such as "Disk Defragment".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  4. wildwolf220

you need to start a thread in the software forum as i said in my last post. thats the best place to get the help you need......

5. gizmotoz

gizmotoz Private E-2

sorry not sure what happened here!

6. wildwolf220

no problem.. it can get a bit confusing when you new to the site but you will get the hang of it in no time....

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds