reinstalled windows, need some driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by got2run, Jan 22, 2009.

1. got2run

got2run Private E-2

I reinstalled windows, and now the internet does not work on my dell dimension 3000 desktop. Drivers and stuff are downloadable from support.dell.com. I went to system properties and it has a ? next to PCI Modem. Is that what is causing the problem? And if so, what do I download (specifically) to fix it? Oh yeah, we have roadrunner cable internet. TY to anyone that can help.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If using cable internet, you don't need to install the PCI Modem drivers. That device is for dial-up internet which you're not using. Are you going through a router or directly to the cable modem? Have you contacted the internet provider, RoadRunner Cable? You can also check to see if the PC is 'talking' to the network connection: click Start, click Run, type cmd and press Enter. In the window that opens, type ipconfig and press Enter. Please post the results (a screen shot might be easier). You can also type ping 127.0.0.1 which sends data to the ethernet adapter and will tell you if the PC is communicating correctly with it.... you can download your ethernet/network drivers from this link and reinstall them to be sure the PC is using the correct ethernet drivers.

[dlb]
    :-D

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Sorry about the it appears to have been an invalid link, or I didn't get the short cut right. either way dlb posted a link to the site for the drivers... If it's still not working post back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds