Problem with sound driver - Realtek HD

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anonimna, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Anonimna

Anonimna Private E-2

First, my english is very bad, so I hope you will understand me...

I have problem with my sound driver, i installed realtek hd but it doesnot work. Please help!!

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    OS Service Pack 3

Motherboard
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 530J, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
    Motherboard Name Intel Glen Ridge D915PGN (4 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale i915P
    System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    DIMM1: Nanya M2U51264DS8HB3G-6K 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)
    DIMM2: Apacer Tech. 77.G1136.9BG [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    BIOS Type AMI (09/26/06)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
    Video Adapter ASUS X1300 Series Secondary (512 MB)
    Video Adapter ASUS X1300 Series (512 MB)
    3D Accelerator ATI Radeon X1550 (RV516)
    Monitor HP L1925 [19" LCD] (CNB41606FB)

Multimedia
    Audio Adapter Realtek ALC880(D) @ Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage
    IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
    IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
    Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
    Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y080M0 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
    Disk Drive -Pretec 01GB USB Device (983 MB, USB)
    Disk Drive ST3250310AS (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N (DVD+R9:10x, DVD-R9:10x, DVD+RW:20x/8x, DVD-RW:20x/6x, DVD-RAM:12x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
    Optical Drive SONY CD-RW CRX230ED (52x/32x/52x CD-RW)
    SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
    C: (NTFS) [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    D: (NTFS) 232.9 GB (218.0 GB free)
    E: (NTFS) 38162 MB (37844 MB free)

I hope I gave you enough information about my computer so you can help me...
    I have read some posts before mine about problem like mine, but i have tried something and it doesn't work.. I hope i don't ask for too much...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

First off install the Chipset driver from here and reboot, then install the Audio driver from here

as problem can be that not all Realtek drivers are the same, many are customised chips for various makers of motherboards.

3. Anonimna

Anonimna Private E-2

Yeah, I did what you said and still no sound.. Can I do something else?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Go into Device Manager and do you have any Yellow ! marks by and devices, if so what?

Also may need to uninstall the current Audio driver and also UAA KB888111 and then reinstall the drivers again, try these steps here

5. Anonimna

Anonimna Private E-2

i have yellow ! by other devices- PCI device.
    And i have already done that , and reinstalled reatlek but it doesn't work.
    is there any other driver for my computer other than reatlek, that blue crab looks very ugly :p hehe just kidding, i don't care if there will be picture of Marilyn Manson, i just want my sound.....

6. Anonimna

Anonimna Private E-2

Please help--!!!:cry

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the sound drivers. If you see KB888111 listed (you'll need to check the little box for "Show updates" up at the top) uninstall it too and reboot. If the Hardware Wizard starts, cancel it. Download and install the chipset drivers linked to above by Halo. Reboot. Now you'll want to extract the audio driver linked to above by Halo. You can extract it by using TUGzip. TUGzip can extract RAR files, ZIP files, 7zip files, many EXE files, and just about any archive or self-extracting archive you're likely to encounter. When installing TUGzip just click 'Next' all the way through. At the end of the install, there will be a little check-box for "Launch TUGzip"; go ahead and launch it; click "Next" all the way through again until you see a "Finish" button; there will be a column on the left side with a bunch of different archive formats; click the "Select All" button; click "Finish". A window will open that looks like an Explorer-type window, close it. Right click the file you want to extract (the sound driver you downloaded) and click the 2nd upward pointing green arrow, it will say something like "Extract to: .\filename" and the file will extract to a folder of the same name. Now, read this thread and follow the steps EXACTLY as they are listed, then install the sound drive by using the Device Manager and Hardware Wizard by following the steps in this thread. If you follow these steps exactly as described, you should have sound working before you know it! Please read through all the links and threads before you actually start. That way you can ask any questions before hand.... good luck!
    :-D

[dlb]

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

One thing I wanted to add... if the Hardware Wizard opens after installing KB888111 (step 3 in this thread) go ahead and use the steps I linked to above to install the sound driver via the Hardware Wizard (the steps at this link), then finish the other steps (steps 4 on at this thread again). Again, if you have any questions before you get started, please ask! :-D

9. Anonimna

Anonimna Private E-2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
    My audio works great!!
    I don't know how to thank you enough, this audio driver problem bothered me for weeks..
    Thank you!
    :wave

10. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate Glad to hear you got it sorted out, and we're always happy to help! :-D

[dlb]
    :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds