Multiple Outlook Express emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nadsoil05, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Nadsoil05

Nadsoil05 Private E-2

I have recently set up all 4 of my emails through outlook express and had a minor problem. the first three set up fine but when i added the 4th one it joined the same folder as the first email i made. it kept the 2 hotmail addresses i had seperate but my school one and local isp one get messages in the same inbox. its kind of a pain so if anyone knows how i can get them to each have their own inboxes please let me know. i run windows xp with 60 gb memery, 512 ram, and 1.8 ghz processor. if you need anythign else please let me know.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

In OE, if you wish to keep each email account exclusive, you need to create an Identity for each, and then set up a different email Account while in each Identity. (File -> Identities -> Manage Identities or Add New Identity) As you have seen, it is possible for an identity to have multiple email accounts, because, even if you don't set up idenitities, you're still technically operating as the Main Identity, but all the Accounts set up in that (or any) identity all feed to the same Inbox.

3. Nadsoil05

Nadsoil05 Private E-2

The first 3 emails i set up all delivered to there own inbox. they set up their own folders on the left side of the screen. but the fourth email added to the first email inbox. so i have 4 emails but only 3 in boxes. i was wondering if maybe OE only can have 3 emails per identity. thanks for the help

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Do you have something set up already in Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail? If that's what's doing it for you for the first three, you could set up a similar rule for the fourth.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds