Need help with erasing my samsung ipad...

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by artistwantab, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artistwantab

artistwantab Private First Class

I had an issue with my Sansung Ipad and need to return it.

Sadly there are files on this I need "erased".

I assumed doing a factory wipe...."meant formatting" everything but as I have read further I realize it did not.

Now that I have a done a factory reset first the encryption option I find now wont work.

How do I format this stupid device and make sure my data is secure.

Help...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

First we need to know what is a Sansung Ipad?

3. artistwantab

artistwantab Private First Class

Re: Need help with erasing my Samsung Tablet...

Sorry one of those days.

Samsung Galaxy 4 Tablet

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

What exactly did you do? You can't format the Device memory which is the System storage and USB storage. You can reset the device which will reset all settings and delete all data. Also, after the reset you can't use encrypted files on the SD card because the decryption key will have been erased.

Resetting the device means all your personal data is gone. If you're returning the device to a retailer, ask to have the device reset in your presence for added peace of mind.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Either of these two methods will work
    http://www.technipages.com/galaxy-tab-4-hard-reset

I had to set a tablet (not a Samsung) back to factory conditions when I returned it. It worked because when I turned it on, it appeared that an account had to be vreated so all my info was gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds