Sound card issue. a wierd one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Storkraft, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Storkraft

Storkraft Private First Class

Hi and yes im proberbly very stupid but here goes.

ok took the PC out to blow it through.
    i then put in the amp plugs wrong.

i then while the PC and amp (Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System)
    was on, pulled the plugs out of the sound card.(Creative SB X-Fi Elite Pro)

and killed the PC. it was totaly dead. i experimented some. and did it again on the on board sound card. i have tryed in bios. i have reset bios and so on.

and some times my x-fi card works. but usualy not.
    and onboard (MSI 890 FXA-GD70) has never worked.i atleast i have never used it. and is sertainly dead now hehe...

and the realy wierd thing is that if i take out the sound card. i CANT start op the PC. but if i leave it in. i can start op the PC but with no sound.

witch has led me to order a usb sound card. since i think that works. it does wiht my headset. so i think so. but i hate using headset.

and what if i ordered another sound card. and it wouldent start op with it. but only my old elite pro.?

i have never had a problem like this before. i meen i cant start op the PC without it. but it cant detect it. or use it....

even sometimes when it is in, it want start op.

eny ideers ?

2. Storkraft

So no one have eny ideers ?
    damn i had hoped for a easy solution

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Something to try...
    Remove the sound card and the CMOS battery after unplugging the PC from the socket outlet. Check the battery with a digital multimeter - it must be 3 volts. Leave it for 10 minutes and replace the CMOS battery. See if the PC starts.

4. Storkraft

yes the 3 cables at the back of the PC.

i have taken out the mobo battery. and its still the same.
    i have tryed in bios to restore defoult. and optimal default.
    and all i can emagine.

but i still cant get sound without headset.
    and still cant start the pc. without the soundcard. even if it cant find it. or use it.

the PC simply does not start op. at all.
    and i have tryed the bottens on the mobo. to reset bios and so on .....

5. Eldon

Two possibilities:
    Either the CMOS battery is flat or the motherboard is fried. Sorry.

6. Storkraft

well it is sad indeed. but its all about knowing. and be able to find a way out of it.

and as i have sayd i have ordered a new usb soundcard. so i hope that will
    give me some sound back again.

a Asus Xonar U5. so i hope it will fix it. or rather give me sound again.

it owuld have been nice to be able to take ou tthe old card. and sell i tor give it away. or put in a new one.. but no.

but thanks for reply

7. Storkraft

well it has just accured to me that maybe it could be a speaker/amp. problem ?

i dont know.. as sayd its a wierd one.

8. Eldon

Pardon me if I'm repeating myself... :-o

If the headset is working but the speakers aren't, then in all probability there's something wrong with the speakers, not the amplifier. But, the PC not booting without the sound card is strange indeed. On the motherboard there are 2 pins that need to be bridged to reset the BIOS. Remove the sound card and the CMOS battery and bridge those 2 pins. Check the motherboard manual to locate the correct 2 pins.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds