Microsoft Word just stopped working....

Discussion in 'Software' started by pen03, Mar 10, 2005.

1. pen03

pen03 Private E-2

Microsoft Word always worked fine on my computer until a few days ago when I tried to open it and it said something about a missing shortcut, it says:

Mising Shortcut
    Windows is searching for WINWORD.EXE. To locate the file yourself, click Browse

and then after a few seconds a box comes up saying:

Problem With Shortcut
    The item "WINWORD.EXE" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?

I have no idea what's happened, I don't remember changing or moving any shortcut or whatever it's talking about, it was working fine one day and then the next day it wasn't working at all.
    I tried to do a System Restore because I thought that might reset the computer to how it was before Word stopped working, but it said there were no restore points so I couldn't do that.
    Can someone please try to help?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What if you run the executable directly?

For Office 2003, the path is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\winword.exe

See if that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds