Windows XP keeps restarting while rebooting!

Discussion in 'Software' started by infernalinferno, Aug 15, 2008.

1. infernalinferno

infernalinferno Private E-2

Hey buds!!! I need some serious help here!!

My grandma has an old compaq presario hand me down that my dad gave her some time back... It has 128mb ram and used to run Windows ME... I thought I'll just upgrade to XP and it shouldn't be a problem..I was also gonna install some additional ram..maybe 256mb more..

However the 18 GB HD was partitioned into 2 GB and 16 GB.. and Windows XP almost took up the whole 2 GB.. So I installed Paragon Parition Manager and made the boot drive 8GB and the other one 10 Gb.. BIG MISTAKe...

Now the computer keeps restarting randomly.. It won't even go to the desktop anymore.. It goes into disk checking..and asks me if I want to go into safe mode etc..or Last known working setup....or Normally..

When I use safe mode...it loads up certain drivers and then freezes...

Last known working setup mode gives me the blue screen of death..some error sayin that it is dumpin memory.... but the screen hardly stays on for a hot second.. can't even read what the error is..

i tried the Windows XP original setup cd I have.. i tried repairing the install but it restarts after sometime....

I need someone to tell me how to fix this..Am not sure if it is a hardware issue or software issue!!! THX Buds.. really owe one to someone who can help me out..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds