Bytes Recieved Zero?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcjimz, Sep 7, 2005.

1. jcjimz

jcjimz Private E-2

I have been recieving my Internet from a local area connection that is in the building I live in. One office has a cable connection and I have networked the rest of the building on a small peer to peer with a total of 8 computers. I came out of the cable box into a hub and only a few of the computers were actually networked for business purposes we all had Internet connectivity. This was strait from the hub without using ICS. The office with the cable modem has moved but they lewf the modem and everything is coneccted as before with a few less computers. Everybody has an Internet connection but me. I replaced the CAT5 cable running to my apartment and still don't have a connection. For some reason all the lights on the hub are now blinking but I am the only one without a connection. My nick cardlights are on but my local area connection status shows bytes sent but no bytes recieved. It shows me hooked up at 100 mps but nothing is being recieved. I have also changed my NIC card with the same results. IPCONFIG shows only my NIC address and the sub net mask, it shows nor gateway which it did before when it worked.
    I'm thinking this has to be a configuration software problem but whatever it is I would apprecieat e any help available.....Thanks

2. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

I don't know why the gateway went away, but I would do an IPConfig on somebody elses system and get the address of the gateway. When you get that, go into your Network connection properties, then TCP/IP properties, and enter the address of the gateway.

Unless of course you're stealing service from some office and nobody will let you look at their computer! ;)

3. jcjimz

jcjimz Private E-2

Re: Packets Recieved Zero?

Thank you for your info but I have already done that. I can't ping the gateway it's like a physical connection problem but everythings good. I also have something going on with my adapter. Sometimes it says adapter 6 sometimes adapter 2 sometimes adapter 5 and they all have different configurations. How do I completely remove all adapters, I actually only have one adapter and if I remove it in device manager and reboot it re-installs like it should but the number will be different every time. network properties only shows one adapter but it could be 5 or 2 or6 depending on when I boot. I only have one adapter in my computer????????

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds