Lost my internet connection through wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Therev56, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Therev56

Therev56 Private E-2

Hi;

I think I know the answer, but I find it helpful to get the advice of others who have had similar problems to see if I am thinking on the right track.

First, the specs:

The affected computer:
    Toshiba Laptop (not sure what model, but four years old)
    PC Card: Linksys WPC11 v4
    Firewall: Zone Alarm Free

Router: Linksys Wireless B Broadband Router BFW11S4
    Internet Connection: ComCast Cable (not sure modem model)

The other computer:
    HP Pavilion (not sure modle number)
    PC Card: Linksys wired
    Firewall: Zone Alarm Free

Problem:

Two computers sharing an internet connection through a Linksys Wireless B router. The connection worked fine. But, when I tried to set up the computers to share each other's files, printer, etc., it messed up the laptop's internet connection through the wireless connection.:eek: I turned off the firewalls, checked the DNS, cleared the cache, checked the network name, computer names, SSID, etc. I did everything I know to do, even shut everything down and restarted several times. Nothing worked to restore the connection. :confused:

I have checked on ethe forum, and found some information that I think will help, but since I have never had this happen before, I want to see if anyone has any ideas -- then I can compare those to what I already have.

Thanks tons.

The desktop's internet connection is fine.

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Is the router still issueing an IP to the laptop?

ds

3. Therev56

Therev56 Private E-2

It was not. We decided to uninstall and reinstall the setup and that corrected it. So now it is working again. And I was able to find step by step guide to to properly setup sharing the computers on the network. So we are good to go.

Thanks for your quick reply.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds