No Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timrrr, May 6, 2012.

1. timrrr

timrrr Private E-2

Hi All
    Well I don't know alot about computers so the other nite I was messing around and some how turned off my sound or deleted something important. I get nothing from my speakers. I get different messages, install sound device ( mine is an Intel high definition 3D pro audio device (chipset)), no mixer device installed, no audio device. But it shows the hardware working fine. I have tried restoring my system but that don't work. Some times it looks for drivers but says it can't find them, but I can see them in the drivers file.
    Getting frustrated
    Thanks for any help:confused
    Tim

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hey Tim welcome to the forum :)How do you know your device is working properly and the driver file is there,have you checked device manager? In either check this and post result-

Go to control panel,system,device manager. Are there any yellow exclamation marks or red crosses? If so right click and post what the message says in the device status box.

Where is says sound and video game controllers,right click your audio device from the list if its there,properties and post what it says in the status box,the date and provider of driver in the driver box.

Have you tried re-installing the driver? Do you know the model of your motherboard or computer also to make sure you have the right driver.

Post your operating system,

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It also helps if you mention what version of windows you are running and as Rikky mentioned, we need the brand and model of computer.

4. timrrr

timrrr Private E-2

Thanks guys!
    It turns out all i had to do was re-install my motherboard drivers. I was looking for audio drivers:cry
    :-D:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds